5 Stage RODI Reverse Osmosis System INC DI Resin Cartridge 50/75/100/200 GPD
This reverse osmosis unit is a 5 stage with DI resin water filter producing 50/75/100/180 (size of membrane) Gallons of water per day which can provide RO water for Aquariums, Hydroponics, Window Cleaning, Dentists and use in Pharmaceuticals it removes up to 99% of water contaminants. Comes with a manual flush valve and garden tap fitting included.
Reverse osmosis is a method of purifying water by pushing it through a semi-permeable membrane, the membrane allows pure water molecules through it, whilst impurities are flushed away. By using reverse osmosis, it is possible to remove all suspended solids, up to 98% of dissolved solids and virtually all bacteria, pesticides and viruses. Reverse osmosis has many benefits.
At the heart of any reverse osmosis system is the membrane, water is forced under pressure through the membrane to a storage tank and the waste by-product goes to drain. In addition to the membrane reverse osmosis unit also incorporates pre-filters. Because filtered RO water is produced very slowly it is necessary to store the treated water in a tank or container to supply filtered RO water as and when it is required.
Reverse osmosis units do require a minimum water pressure of 2.7 bar/40psi - so it is essential you have your source water pressure assessed before purchasing the unit.
RO system will remove up to 99% of tap water contaminants.
Reverse Osmosis Process
• Stage 1 5-micron polypropylene sediment pre-filter to extract suspended materials such as sediment, rust, insects, and other particles down to 5 micron. (Replace every 6 months)
• Stage 2 GAC carbon filter. Reduces Chlorine herbicides, pesticides, volatile organic chemicals (Replace every 6 months)
• Stage 3 Activated Carbon Block . Reduces Chlorine herbicides, pesticides, volatile organic chemicals (Replace every 6 months)
• Stage 4 with a rejection rate (up to 98%) TFC (Thin-Film composite) The high quality membrane will reject a wide range of total dissolved solids (TDS).
• Stage 5 Mixed bed Deionised resin filter cartridge, After passing through the membrane, the filtered water is passed through the DI resin, to reduce the Total Dissolved Solids to 0.
Typical removal rates (%)
Sodium (99%), Calcium (99%), Magnesium (99%), Potassium (98%), Iron (99%), Manganese (99%), Aluminium (99%), Ammonium (97%), Copper (99%), Nickel (99%), Zinc (99%), Cadmium (99%), Silver (98%), Mercury (98%), Barium (99%), Chromium (99%), Lead (99%), Chloride (99%), Bicarbonate (98%), Nitrate (97%), Fluoride (98%), Silicate (98%), Phosphate (99%), Chromate (99%), Cyanide (95%), Sulphate (99%), Bromide (98%), Arsenic (99%), Selenium (99%), Bacteria (99%), Protozoa (99%), Amoebic Cysts (99%), Giardia (99%), Asbestos (99%), Oestrogen (99%), Sediment / Turbidity (99%)
Important information to consider prior to ordering for non-pumped systems.
Our Reverse Osmosis Systems are shipped fully assembled complete with a comprehensive instruction manual for easy DIY installation with no plumbing experience required.
The effectiveness and productivity of RO systems increase with greater water pressure and temperature. The actual flow rate (in GPD) of any reverse osmosis system depends on your source water pressure and temperature.
While manufacturers state that 60 psi is required at the membrane for full production, we know that not everyone's cold water is at 60 psi and 77 degrees F therefore, we remind you that you might get less than the stated GPD from your membrane, perhaps 50% or even less if your pressure and temperature are very low!
If flow rate is critical for you, you need to consider all these factors.